Saturday, January 13, 2007

Finally Done - Here It Is!

I said that I would try to post a picture of the project that I've been working on in the shop. Well, here it is! This is a project that I had started back some time ago and just got back to finishing it over the last week or so.
It measures 21 inches wide and is 13 1/4 inches high.
It is made up of 96 individual pieces of wood - not counting the backing board or the dowels holding the shotgun shells - and yes, those are real shotgun shells!
There are seven different kinds of wood in this project - walnut, aromatic cedar, poplar, purpleheart, birch, maple, and oak.
I just thought I would share this picture of one of my hobbies with you. Believe it or not (some people can't) this is one of the ways that I relax now!
Thanks For Dropping In!

7 comments:

Brenda said...

That is beautiful. Looks like you do a good job making things.

Angie D said...

You're a great woodworker. The shotgun shells are a hilarious touch!

Dwight Donahey said...

I did have a pattern to follow for this one. I have made my own patterns for some - it's not really that hard - but not this one!

Aaron said...

Great job. Your work is always amazing to me.

Alyssa Keister said...

Wow, that is really awesome. You have a great talent.

Jeanne said...

Very beautiful craftmanship...
Your good....

Anonymous said...

Wow. Some people have all the talent!