Sunday, May 13, 2007

My Mother

My Mother is a listening ear when I just need to talk – even if it doesn’t make sense!
My Mother is a shoulder to cry on – yes I still need that sometimes.
My Mother is a counselor when I’m confused and don’t know which way to turn – this happens more often than I’d like to admit.
My Mother is a source of encouragement when I’m frustrated and don’t know which way to turn – ever felt that way?
My Mother is always there to pray for me when I ask, and even when I don’t – I need that every day!
My Mother is a taxi driver when I need a ride – I know I should have my driver’s license by now, but I don’t!
My Mother is a cook when it’s meal time – even when I’m late getting home from work.
My Mother is a seamstress when my clothes need fixed – I don’t even attempt that!
My Mother is a laundress on wash day – something else that I don’t even try!
You see, my Mother is many things to me. Some people have gotten on my case about me not being married yet. They seem to think that is a crime. I have told some of them, “My Mother cooks my meals, packs my lunches, and does my laundry. What do I need a wife for?”
The most important thing that my Mother has been for me has been a consistent Christian influence. If it wasn’t for that influence, I don’t know where I would be today.
Thank You Mom!
I Love You!
Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers who read this.
Thanks For Dropping In!

1 comment:

Angie D said...

Your Mom sounds like an awesome lady!