Sunday, September 30, 2007

Some Miscellaneous Information!

Well, here I am. I mentioned in my last post about how my work week was going. I ended up at 57.1 hours for the week (that’s the way the company figures our time – in tenths). It was our month end – quarter end when the close the books for the month and quarter, so that’s why things were so crazy – and believe me, they were!
I, for some reason, have fallen victim to this tagging thing that’s going around the blogs. For some reason, Tim Calhoun saw fit to tag me, so here goes:
1. I don’t like heights – For some reason, being on a ladder doesn’t bother me all that much, but if I’m standing somewhere where there’s not much between me and a long drop, I don’t usually like that - there are some exceptions to that though!
2. There are times that I would much rather stay at home with my family than go away somewhere – unless I’m going with my family. One of my mottos is “Say what you want to about me, but leave my family alone.” One more thing along this line – If you tell me that I act like my father (and I have been told that many times!), I will say, “Thank you!”
3. I have had several collections during my lifetime. Someone once asked my mother, “What does Dwight collect?” She said, “It would be easier to tell you what he doesn’t collect!” I have collected stamps – still do, I have no idea how many I have; just about all types of sports cards – still have a lot of them, but have also sold a lot of them as well; NASCAR collectibles – sold most of them on Ebay and at yard sales; history books – that’s probably the one that takes up the most room; business cards – this one actually got started by accident but it’s probably the cheapest one of the bunch.
4. I have had different jobs outside of home over the course of my life and I didn’t apply for any of them. When I got my paper route in Berwick, the District Supervisor had called the house to see if anyone in our church would be interested. For my current job, the department supervisor called to see if I would be interested in a job.
5. When I was 2 years old, my arm was cracked / broken when a neighbor kid pushed a swing into me.
6. When I was a senior in high school, I spent the better part of a week at Bob Jones University. I was sick about the whole time – I think it was a problem that is commonly called homesickness! I suppose it didn’t really help matters any that I was dropped off there without knowing anybody!
7. I don’t really like to talk about myself, so I’m going to bring this to an end!
Thanks For Dropping In!

1 comment:

tim said...

why thank you Dwight...I found your revelations to be most interesting... probably ought to have someone else do some bragging on you, since you won't do it. I've seen some beautiful woodwork around and know you've filled in some for sunday school classes and you like to tease little gals but then give them candy to make up for it...yea, there's a few more things, but thanks for the little window into the life of an ordinary guy. see you all tomorrow evening at Harvest Home PVBI...hopefully