Saturday, September 15, 2007

A Very Relaxing Day

Today, we took a trip to the Lake Tobias Wildlife Park at Halifax, PA. The weather was beautiful and it was a very relaxing day.
There are many more pictures that I could have posted, so this is just a sample.

These two monkeys were chasing each other around the cage - kind of reminded me of my brother and I!
This character was being quite noisy - evidently he wanted some attention for himself!
It looks like Mom is having a conversation with these critters (I think they are Alpacas).
Dad went to check out this cute little Alpaca.
Here is our safari tour guide . . .
. . . and here is our safari tour bus.
I don't know if this buffalo was planning on riding along, but our guide wouldn't let him anyway!
This elk decided to come over to pay us a visit.
This "little" fellow walked up beside the bus.
Here I am with a couple of my friends from the petting zoo part of the park. For some reason, the goat down at the bottom of the picture seemed to enjoy chewing on my jeans and shoestrings - no harm done!
Here's another one of my friends.
The next three pictures are from the reptile building. As you can see, they had more than just reptiles in there. Here is an alligator that they had.
Here is Cuddles the porcupine - not exactly something that I would want to cuddle up next to!
This 12 1/2 foot long python was the one that we got to touch - well, Dad & I did, Mom didn't want to!
This little fellow - an Artic Fox about the size of a small dog - was kind of cute.
Thanks For Dropping In!

No comments: