Wednesday, April 09, 2008

God Is Great!

In case you're wondering what this picture is - it is a lot of 71 books by Zane Grey and one about Zane Grey. Now, you may be wondering what the title of this post has to do with a bunch of Zane Grey books! Well, keep reading and I'll try to explain. Before I go any further though, please understand that I am not telling this story to brag on myself, but to praise God for a blessing and His faithfulness.
As you know if you read my Dad's blog - The Happy Pastor - he likes to buy books and resell them on Ebay. I sell stuff on Ebay from time to time myself, but I sell pretty much anything and everything - within reason of course!
A few weeks ago, we were at an auction where they had a large amount of books - about 88 boxes to be exact! I bought these two boxes of Zane Grey books because I thought they looked like I might be able to sell them. I brought them home and they've been setting here. About a week and a half ago, Dad started encouraging me to list them on Ebay, so I got them out and started typing up a list of the titles.
I noticed that the back cover was sort of bulging on the one book, so I checked it out to see if it was damaged. It wasn't - instead, there, inside the back cover was a bank envelope with $403.00 cash in it!
Again, without bragging, I can say that there really wasn't a question of what to do with the money. Dad got in contact with the people that the books belonged to and returned it to them. They were quite surprised as you can probably imagine!
A couple days later, a card from these people came in the mail. Inside the card was $40.00! I said to Mom, "You know something about that money?" She said, "It's the tithe on what you found?" I said, "That's not what I was thinking. What I was thinking was, that's how much I paid for those two boxes of books!" Talk about a blessing!
But, the story continues.
I went ahead and listed those books on Ebay last week. They got a bid pretty quick, but they didn't really do anything spectacular. They went up yesterday, the last day they were on (the auction ended yesterday evening) - nothing real big, but I was satisfied. When we clicked the "Refresh" button the last time, there were shouts, there was a "Hallelujah" and there was three very happy people in this room.
Final sale price - $258.87! - and I already got the notice that the payment is pending!
Who says that honesty doesn't pay?!
God is Great!
God is Faithful!
Thanks For Dropping In!

4 comments:

The Donaheys said...

We're proud of you Kid!!! No, legally you didn't have to return it but since you knew where it came from, the conscience said you had to return it.

Angie D said...

That's awesome, Dwight!

Anonymous said...

That's an wonderful testimony on God's goodness.

Faith said...

A clear conscience is its own reward... and bonuses are awesome!! :) Happy for ya!