Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Dayton, Here We Come!

In case you don't know what this picture is, this is the front entrance of the Dayton Convention Center in downtown Dayton, Ohio where the Interchurch Holiness Convention - better known as simply "IHC" - is held each year.
This year, the convention is being held April 17 - 19, which as you can figure out, is next week. I guess you could say that I have been looking forward to that week for two years now. I was at the Convention two years ago. Last year, the convention was held shortly after I had been put on full time status at my job and I didn't go but my parents did. I have to admit that for that week last year, physically I was in Lewistown, PA - mentally, I was in Dayton, Ohio! Shortly after the convention last year, I walked into my boss's office with a Post-It note with "Dwight Donahey Vacation April 16 - 20, 2007" written on it. He didn't know what was going on for a little bit until I explained it to him! As it worked out, I'm not taking the whole week off, just Tuesday thru Friday. It's not necessarily that I want to be there that much, it's more a matter of saving a vacation day!
Like we did before, once again we will be traveling with Bro. Andy Cooley who owns Cooley Coach & Charter. Within the past year, Bro. Cooley moved, so instead of traveling to Cooperstown, PA like we did before, we only have to travel to Penns Creek, PA on Tuesday morning. That's the reason that I'm not taking Monday off work.
The plans are for us to leave Penns Creek Tuesday morning at 5:00 AM - I know, that's going to make for a short night - but you can sleep in those bus seats!
I said the other day that I think they ought to have a special get-together at IHC this year so that all of the bloggers can get to meet each other!
Thanks For Dropping In!
Hope to see you at IHC next week!

1 comment:

Angie D said...

We probably won't get there this year, so please take lots of pictures for me!