Sunday, November 30, 2008

My Christmas List

I've seen this on a couple other blogs and I thought it was neat, so I decided to do it on my blog.

1 Wrapping paper or gift bags? Depends on what the gift is – I like wrapping paper, but sometimes a bag is quicker and easier.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real – We used to have an artificial tree, then we had real ones for a while, then we had an artificial for a couple years, now we’ve been getting a real one for the past couple years.
3. When do you put up the tree? I really don’t think there’s any set schedule for that.

4. When do you take the tree down? See answer for number 3!
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes – sometimes it doesn’t like me though!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? There have been so many highlights that I can’t pick out just one.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My Grandmother
8. Easiest person to buy for? My Brother
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Actually, I think we have five of them: 1. The ceramic set that we’ve had for as long as I can remember. – 2. The big lighted set that we put out in the front yard. – 3. The very small set that I take to work. – 4. The small wooden set that I made a few years ago. – 5. I think there’s another old set that we don’t use anywhere.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mom and Dad usually take care of the Christmas cards. They mail quite a few – they might email some, I’m not sure. I usually have these good intentions of sending Christmas cards to a few people, but I haven’t done it yet – hopefully this year I will.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? That would be the time I got some kind of goofy action figure thing in a gift exchange in public school. Dad gave me some money for it and I bought a Slim Whitman gospel tape - I think I still have that tape!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I don’t know that I’ve ever actually seen a Christmas movie!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? No set schedule, but not soon enough this year.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don’t think so.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Ham
16. Lights on the tree? Colored

17. Favorite Christmas song? Beautiful Star Of Bethlehem – done bluegrass style - Is there any other way for that song to be done?!
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay at home until we go over to my Grandmother’s.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? No

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I honestly don’t remember – it’s been too long since I’ve seen it!
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? People complaining about the holidays when I’m trying to enjoy them!

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I don’t really have a favorite – I guess I just like the variety!
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Ham, Mashed Potatoes & Gravy, Corn
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Mom has been asking me about this – on the material side, I haven’t given her a whole lot of help. One thing that I would say that I want would be to just have a relaxing time with my family.
Now you know a little more about me! Maybe more than you wanted to know, but isn't that what these blogs are about anyway?!
Thanks For Dropping In!

No comments: